Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Welcome Scratch and Peck!

So happy to announce the new blog sponsor, Scratch and Peck Feeds. This company is bringing you organic, GMO-free, soy-free awesome feed to your flocks. With backyard chickens on the rise and more and more people caring about what we consume - this company is making a difference in quality feed for small producers like me. I am currently testing out some samples - both here at the farm and with some other local flock-keepers - and will let you know what I think of their feed. So far these chicks I picked up Sunday from Common Sense Farm seem to love it! And since these birds are living indoors with me - I can say one big advantage to a non-soy feed is the smell of the poop. It doesn't stink the way soy feed does. I appreciate that, being a few feet from the pictured brooder right now as I type! For more info on these guys or to order their chicken/livestock feed click the link in this post.

3 Comments:

Blogger Preciouspeas said...

Scratch and Peck is such a wonderful feed. I just wish that it wasn't quite so expensive. I love that it has organic grains and the ingredients are simple to read (no weird chemicals and additives).

May 23, 2017 at 1:07 PM  
Blogger Cathy Hoff said...

We, well the girls, LOVE scratch and peck feeds!! They don't get it all the time because of the cost but it's a special treat once in awhile.

May 23, 2017 at 8:44 PM  
Blogger ~Bettie said...

My chickens get Scratch & Peck feed when I can find it on sale. Organic and Non GMO feed is so expensive so we switch around some when we find a good sale.

May 24, 2017 at 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home