Monday, May 29, 2017

Monday Pins! Get Yours!

A few months ago I backed a project of an artist I follow on Twitter, Nicole Dornsife. It was a teal coyote pin, simple and beautiful in enamel and brass. I was struck by how perfectly she made something so iconic - the jacket pin - into something so personal. It was her art and her design and she could put it on her jean jacket, bag, or save as a keepsake. As a collector of these pins I happily bought one. It arrived beautiful as described with a custom package backing and a number of the limited run. Nicole knows pins and animals. That is certain.

So a few weeks ago I asked her if she could design a pin based on my ram, Monday? I sent her some pictures and told her about Cold Antler Farm and its luck pieces. I explained the lucky sign of two crows and the Scottish Blackface sheep. She noticed that Monday's head marking looked somewhat like a heart. We worked back and forth and recently she showed me the image you see above. A beautiful, one-of-a-kind Cold Antler Farm pin of Monday the ram with two raven feathers.

Pins are $12 for a single. You can buy them in sets. The Kickstarter, artwork, and profits are entirely hers. This is not a Cold Antler Farm project but it is another artist's work inspired by the animals and story of this farm. I am proud to have Monday immortalized on a pin I can have near my heart for the rest of my scrappy life. Sheep jewelry isn't super common, you know! The pins are a limited run and if you would like to order one or a flock's worth, you can click this link below to back Nicole's project.

Get a Monday Pin! 

UPDATE GOAL REACHED FOR NICOLE!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Yarrow said...

I adore your blog and can't believe I haven't read it before! You remind me a little of Charlie (from Supernatural), if she'd decided to buy a farm on a mountain :D

May 30, 2017 at 5:18 AM  
Blogger rabbit said...

I followed the link---super stoked to get a Monday and Raven feather pin! However when I went to finalize it added $10 because I'm Canadian! This is really unfortunate cause I can't justify 22$ American for a wee pin albeit an amazing one that hits home. I just can't imagine shipping for something so small would add that much money. :/

May 30, 2017 at 6:06 PM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

Hey Jess, I have ordered a bunch so you can have one of the ones I ordered when you visit or I will pop one in the mail. She talks about the international shipping in the FAQs. I don't know what the specifics are but know I got your back!

May 30, 2017 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

Yarrow! thanks! Is charlie Dean from Gilmore Girls? (Jared P) I only know that one character but I hope Charlie is awesome.

May 30, 2017 at 6:47 PM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

I just looked it up, you mean Felicia Day! Love her! (don't know her personally but I watch her Romance Book Hangout every month, it is GREAT! on tonight actually at 8PM PST on youtube. It's live, watch it!)

May 30, 2017 at 6:48 PM  
Blogger Yarrow said...

Yep, totally Felicia Day, we love her too. My teenage daughter got me hooked on Supernatural!!

May 31, 2017 at 5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home